For Chicken Nuggets: 4 oz Southern Recipe Small Batch Pork Rinds, crushed 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces 1/3 cup buttermilk 1/2 tsp. salt 2 eggs Vegetable oil, for frying For Sauce: 2 cups orange marmalade 12 oz BBQ sauce
1. Add the chicken pieces to a bowl with the buttermilk and salt. Stir to coat and set aside.
2. Crush the pork rinds into fine crumbs and place them in a bowl. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
3. Coat the chicken pieces in a layer of crumbs, then quickly dunk in the beaten egg, then coat again in the crumbs. Lay them on a sheet pan and heat 1 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Fry the chicken in batches about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes per side, watch, so they don’t become overly brown. Remove from skillet and drain them on a paper towel.
5. Mix marmalade and BBQ sauce to make the orange sauce in a saucepan over low heat for 2 minutes. Coat fried nuggets thoroughly in warm orange sauce and serve immediately.